One of the greatest road hazards of the spring months is rain, which sometimes seems to be unavoidable. This year, prepare yourself for driving in the rain with these safety tips:
- Remember that the most dangerous time to drive in the rain is the first 10 minutes or so after the rain begins, when the roads are most slippery.
- When driving in the rain, be sure to always reduce your speed, which will give you more control.
- Avoid hazardous puddles, and never drive through standing bodies of water. In fact – just 12 inches of water can cause your vehicle to float away.
- Increase the distance between your vehicle and the vehicles around you, just in case any driver loses control.
- And lastly, avoid using cruise control, which decreases your control over the vehicle and can lead to hydroplaning.
For more safety tips or to explore our enormous selection of vehicles, contact us or visit us anytime at Cumberland Chrysler Center!