Summer is easily one of the best times of the year, with its warm weather, laid-back atmosphere, and vacation time.
Another bonus to summer is all the tasty, healthy fruits that are finally in season by the time these hot months roll around:
- Watermelon – Nothing says summer like a big slice of watermelon.
- Raspberries – These berries are practically a super-food, beautifully balancing both sour and sweet.
- Blackberries – In fact, summer berries in general are pretty much all the rage.
- Cherries – This time of year, you won’t have to settle for the maraschino type.
- Peaches – These vitamin-packed fruits are never better than during the summer.
- Zucchini – Before you even say it: All “vegetables” with seeds in them are actually fruits, such as the versatile staple that is zucchini.
- Tomatoes – Most of us tend to eat tomatoes year-round, but they’re never fresher than in the summer months.
- Avocados – Creamy and refreshing, avocados are a great substitute for mayo or butter on sandwiches.
Which summer fruits are your favorites? Let us know in the comments!